The Secure Systems Lab at the Technical University of Vienna has released the newest version of Pixy, an open-source vulnerability scanner. Here are some of the highlights:
- detection of SQL injection and XSS vulnerabilities in PHP source code
- automatic resolution of file inclusions
- computation of dependence graphs that help you understand the causes of reported vulnerabilities
- static analysis engine (flow-sensitive, interprocedural, context-sensitive)
- platform-independent (written in Java)
Pixy can be downloaded for free from http://pixybox.seclab.tuwien.ac.at/. There, you can also find a web interface that allows you to test Pixy online. Enjoy!
We would be happy to receive feedback, comments, and other contributions! Please send your suggestions to "pixy-tool at seclab" (domain see below).
Secure Systems Lab
Technical University of Vienna