I am glad to release hostmap version 0.2.1.
In this version there are a lot of bug fixes and some new features.
hostmap is a free, automatic, hostnames and virtual hosts discovery tool
written in Ruby and licensed under GNU General Public License version 3
(GPLv3). It's goal is to enumerate all hostnames and configured virtual
hosts on an IP address. The primary users of hostmap are professionals
performing vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
Some of the new features include:
* Fixed handling of Errno::ECONNRESET in SSL certificate plugin.
* Upgraded net-dns to latest version from git repository.
* Fixed traceback on Mac OSX due to net-dns bug.
* Added check to enumerate host names with DNS TLD expansion.
* Added --print-maltego to get output in Maltego XML format.
* Fixed the exception handling architecture, now unknown exceptions
that can be raised on not supported system are handled.
* Fixed traceback on FreeBSD due to raising of different exceptions.
* Added Metasploit auxiliary module in extra folder.
* Added validation of -t option, if it isn't an IP address hostmap
* Added enumeration plugin timeout, by default at 10 minutes. Can be
changed with user supplied --timeout option.
* Moved website from http://hostmap.sourceforge.net to
* Added warning message to fix traceback if missing libopenssl-ruby.
See the complete list of changes at
You can download it in the following formats:
* Source gzip compressed,
* Source zip compressed,
* hostmap user's manual: http://hostmap.lonerunners.net/doc/README.pdf
* hostmap homepage: http://hostmap.lonerunners.net
Alessandro `jekil` Tanasi