ArpON (Arp handler inspectiON) is a portable handler daemon that make Arp secure in order to avoid Arp Spoofing/Poisoning & co.
This is possible using two kinds of anti Arp Poisoning tecniques, the first is based on SARPI or "Static Arp Inspection", the second on DARPI or"Dynamic Arp Inspection" approach.
- It replaces Arpwatch & co; ArpON blocks;
- It detects and blocks Arp Poisoning/Spoofing attacks in statically configured networks;
- It detects and blocks Arp Poisoning/Spoofing attacks in dinamically configured (DHCP) networks;
- It detects and blocks unidirectional and bidirectional attacks;
- It manages the network interface into unplug, boot, hibernation and suspension OS features;
- Easily configurable via command line switches, provided that you have root permissions;
- It works in userspace for OS portability reasons;
- Tested against Ettercap, Cain & Abel, dsniff and other tools.
Andrea Di Pasquale