AOH :: 2400.TXT|
Logitech document 2400: "Logitech Ansel Common Questions and Answers"
Document Number 2400
Common Questions and Answers
How to use ClipBoard in Windows from ANSEL to Other Applications.
1). Scan an image and select an area to copy to the Clipboard using
the Selection Tool (the dotted-line box).
2). Select Copy from the EDIT menu.
3). Iconize ANSEL. (Do not Quit or Image will be lost).
4). Bring foward the other Application and select PASTE from the EDIT menu.
This technique works with images which do not use more than 64K of memory
to store. For Images which use more memory than this, we recommend saving
the images to BMP format or any format the target application can support.
How to use the DESKEW command to ROTATE an image in ANSEL.
1). Scan an Image and Save it.
2). Create a NEW document from the FILE Menu. Make this image bigger than
the image you will want to rotate. It should be bigger than the
image is when measured from the upper left to the lower right ( Largest
3). Select PASTE FROM from the EDIT Menu and then Select FROM FILE when
prompted. Select the previously saved image and center it.
4). Select De-Skew and rotate the image as needed. Plan ahead and Scan the
Image so rotation is not necessary whenever possible.
What to do when Ansel does not print or prints a blank sheet of paper.
1. Verify that the correct printer driver has been installed in Windows 3.0
by opening the Control Panel and examining the printer setup.
2. Check the Default printer box and verify that it matches the Active
3. Check to see if BitStream Facelift is installed and active. If so,
disable BitStream Facelift and restart Windows. Ansel will not print
while BS Facelift is active.
4. If the installed printer driver for the HP Laser Jet III is the one
from HP, try installing the printer driver which came with Windows. If
the symptom still persists, install the driver for the HP Laser Jet II.
(This should be set up for LPT1.OS2 so both drivers, HP III and II, can
be active at the same time.)
5. If printer and the installed printer driver is for a Canon LBP4 or LBP8
Mark III, get the most recent Windows 3.0 drivers from Canon.
6. Print from the PaintBrush or another application to see if graphics can
be printed at all.
7. Try to print a non-grayscaled image from Ansel. For example, try
lineart, or select dithered or error-diffused as "output format" when
printing a grayscaled image.
8. Try printing a small "selected" area (use the Selection tool) of the
IMAGE.TIF file. For example, select the model's eyes and print.
9. Try changing the printer port in the Control Panel from LPT1 to LPT1.OS2
10. Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver in Control Panel.
11. Turn off Print Manager.
12. Reboot with HIMEM.SYS as the only DEVICE line in the CONFIG.SYS file and
no AUTOEXEC.BAT file and try to print again.
13. Run Windows in Standard Mode and try to print again.
14. Close all applications which may be running and check the LOAD and RUN
lines in the WIN.INI file to see if anything is loading when Windows
15. Check for hardware interrupt conflicts, especially if the printer is
connected to COM1 or COM2. Windows will not tolerate 2 or more devices
sharing the same interrupt number. (i.e. modem on COM3 and printer on
COM1, both using IRQ4)
16. If all the above fails, erase everything under the \ANSEL directory and
reinstall Ansel. If this still fails and there is enough hard disk
space, then install Windows on a different drive or directory (WINTEST)
and install Ansel.
What to do when an Ansel file will not import to an application.
1. Check the Ansel file format and grayscale information.
2. If a grayscaled file won't import, try saving as dithered or error-
3. If TIFF file, try saving as TIF Uncompressed.
4. Try saving as different file format if initial format is rejected.
5. Try saving a smaller size file. (i.e. decrease DPI or gray level or
The entire AOH site is optimized to look best in Firefox® 3 on a widescreen monitor (1440x900 or better).
Site design & layout copyright © 1986- AOH
We do not send spam. If you have received spam bearing an artofhacking.com email address, please forward it with full headers to firstname.lastname@example.org.