AOH :: BRISKET1.TXT|
Peppered Beef Brisket Marsala (it's kosher!)
PEPPERED BEEF BRISKET MARSALA
Makes 12 main-dish servings
* One 3-to 4-pound fresh beef brisket
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed whole pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 3 medium carrots, chopped
* 3 stalks celery, chopped
* 3 medium onions, chopped
* One 7-1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1/2 cup Marsala
* 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
* 2 bay leaves
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Trim excess fat from brisket;
sprinkle meat with pepper and salt. Place flour in a large
oven-cooking bag and shake. Add brisket. Set the bag in a large
2. Add carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes, Marsala, Italian seasoning
and bay leaves to bag with brisket. Seal bag. Cut slits in top of
3. Roast for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Remove bay leaves.
Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Skim fat from
pan juices. Serve skimmed juices with meat.
To make ahead: Cool meat in bag; cover and chill overnight. To reheat,
remove meat from bag; thinly slice. Place slices in a 3-quart
rectangular baking dish. Skim fat from juices; pour over meat. Cover;
heat in a 300 degree F oven for 50 minutes or until just heated through.
Nutritional facts per serving
Calories: 324, total fat: 13g, saturated fat: 5g, cholesterol: 122mg,
sodium: 236mg, carbohydrate: 6g, fiber: 1g, protein: 40g, vitamin A: 0%,
The entire AOH site is optimized to look best in Firefox® 3 on a widescreen monitor (1440x900 or better).
Site design & layout copyright © 1986- AOH
We do not send spam. If you have received spam bearing an artofhacking.com email address, please forward it with full headers to email@example.com.